This is the Egg Rock Light Station; the island named for the abundance of seabirds’ nests and eggs found there. The original Light Station was built in 1875. The current lantern house was built in 1986; there is also a separate fog station building which dates to 1904.
We are called to be light for the world. Light to provide guidance, sometimes in the form of warning. But always to show God’s love.